Past TPECC Events
Te Io Wānanga
In 2014, tamariki and whānau worked hard to celebrate our tūpuna, creating their own costumes that would describe the tamariki of Rereahu – Te Ihingārangi, Maniapoto, Matakore, Tuwhakahekeao, Tūrongotapuarau, Te Io Wānanga, Kinohaku, Te Rongorito, Kahuariari.
These costumes showed the gift that each tūpuna held and shared. The celebrations were well received by whānau followed by a Kai-Hakari (feast).
The feedback received by attendees was all positive, and greatly appreciated the opportunity to learn about their tūpuna and be able to pass it on to future generations. Parents and whānau were so proud of their tamariki and the confidence this event gave to all of the children.
The day was a success and a great way to celebrate our tupuna Te Io Wānanga.
Haerenga ki te Maunga ō Ruapehu
With the help of all staff and whānau members, the tamariki of NPoM were able to take a trip to Mount Ruapehu. A total of 101 whānau attended the haerenga in September 2014.
During the trip, teachers gaged conversations about the maunga and the significance of the area. This was a great whānau event celebrating the precious taonga we have in our backyard.
- Supported Waikato Tainui in the development of 12-day Turongo me Mahingaarangi leaders by design summit to promote innovation and entrepreneurship
- Active participation in Waitomo and Otorohanga Community of Learning
- Progressed 1 curriculum development initiative – Poutautoko role pilot for working in schools
- Partnered with 2 Maniapoto agencies to place 20 ECE aged tamariki in a quality ECE service and improve the NCEA Level 2 outcomes for 20 rangatahi
- Initiated rangatahi trip to Kiingitanga Day at Waikato University
- Supported the Maniapoto Youth Biodiversity Forum