Following the above video kōrero from our Chair, Matua Tiwha, and CE, Bella, please see below details of Wellness Centres currently established within our rohe:
Maniapoto Whānau Ora Centre, 23 Taupiri Street, Te Kūiti (07 8783680)
Taumarunui Community Kōkiri Trust, 121 Hakiaha Street, Taumarunui (07 895 5919)
These wellness centres will be providing flu vaccinations for all aged 65 and over or those immuno-compromised. For those aged 55 and over, flu vaccinations are also available if you have underlying health conditions (such as diabetes or asthma).
We strongly encourage all of our kuia and koroua to get vaccinated if possible.
A Maniapoto Mobile Unit has also be travelling through our rohe to reach those in smaller communities. Another two locations have been added. Details are as follows:
Wednesday 15th April
Tainui Wetere Domain
10am – 12.30pm
Piopio Cosmopolitan Club Carpark,
42 Moa Street,
Pio Pio, 3912
1.45pm – 3.15pm
We hope to add a return visit to Taumarunui, details will be announced once confirmed.
If you have any further mobile unit enquiries please contact Kelly Tregoworth, email@example.com
The service is free and only available for eligible whānau aged 55 and over.
If you know of kaumātua that may not be able to attend these locations on their own, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 668 285 and we will do our best to support them.
For those whānau living in the Waikato rohe, information on their mobile unit, Te Hiwa can be found via their FaceBook page: link https://www.facebook.com/WaikatoTainu1/videos/698901994249220/
TIKANGA WHEN VISITING THE MOBILE CLINIC
Here are some guidelines when heading to the Mobile Unit.
Firstly, you must meet the eligibility criteria to visit the Mobile Clinic, if not, please remain at home. Secondly, anyone with flu-like symptoms and any visitors who display such symptoms must also remain at home. If you are asked to leave for any of the above reasons, please do as requested. Furthermore, if you are eligible and do attend, it is critical when visiting the Mobile Clinic that we maintain physical distancing. Again, we want to make sure that everyone is safe, including you.
When driving into the Vaccination location:
• Please drive slowly and carefully
• Please observe entry and exit flows
• Please do not get out of your vehicle unless instructed by staff
• Please be patient and mindful of other whānau who are present and those carrying out the vaccinations
During your visit to the Vaccination location:
• It is critical when visiting the Mobile Clinic that we maintain physical distancing.
• Be patient and kind. The wait time could be long.
• Please bring water and snacks to keep nourished and hydrated during the wait.
• Our staff will be dressed in protective gear. Please don’t be alarmed as this is a precaution for your safety and theirs.
• You will be greeted at the location by trained medical professionals at your car who will ask you a number of questions and ask you to sign a consent form.
• You will then be vaccinated.
• After your vaccination you will be asked to repark in a waiting area. You will need to wait for about 10-20 minutes to allow the team to check to be sure there are no side effects.
• You must then return to your home.
• Physical Distancing during this time is very important, therefore we ask that you do not gather or visit other whānau in other cars or enter the location buildings.
Further updates will continue to be provided as they are made available.
Mā te wāhi ngaro tātou e manaaki, e tiaki i roto i ngā āhuatanga o te wā.