Featured News Story
The Maniapoto Maori Trust Board (MMTB), established in 1988, is an Iwi organisation based in Te Kuiti.
Ngāti Maniapoto consists of over 35,000 tribal members, numerous Hapū and over 50 marae/papakainga. MMTB is the recognised Iwi Authority for Ngati Maniapoto and corporate trustee of the Maniapoto Fisheries Trust.
The Digital and Communications Coordinator position will play an integral part of the team and will coordinate the delivery of digital and administrative communications, public relations, events and engagement activities. This is a fixed term position for a minimum of 12 months. We are looking for a savvy individual to join our team who can manage multiple projects and priorities taking a proactive approach in coordinating all communications activities for the organisation.
Key attributes sought to be successful in this role include:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, design, media, marketing or a related field is preferred;
- Previous experience in a similar communications type position;
- Great interpersonal skills with a commitment to customer service and ability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation;
- Excellent web and social media literacy and understanding of modern digital communication;
- Proficient in Adobe suite including; Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro;
- Photography and Videography skills;
- Ability to learning new technologies and to share that knowledge with others;
- A high level of professionalism with strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail with exceptional written and oral communications skills;
- Effective time management and the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and an ability to cope with change;
- Understanding the need for and ability to exercise discretion, good judgement and sensitivity within the organisation;
- Previous experience working within a Maori organisation and knowledge of and/or fluency in written and spoken Te Reo Maori;
- Some familiarity with the Maniapoto rohe, marae, hapu and iwi
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office;
- A current driver’s licence is essential.
This full-time position would suit a Digital and Communications person with some experience who is looking to further grow their career pathway across all communications functions, as well as make a difference to the Iwi.
Please direct confidential enquiries to Helen Turner on 07 878 6234 ext. 712. To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm 17th July 2020.