The Communications Advisor will play an integral part of the team and will be responsible for developing collateral and coordinating the delivery of a wide range of communications projects, events and engagement activities. Working closely with the Tāngata Pou Manager and Digital and Communications Co-ordinator, you will also assist with providing written content for all communication channels, including media releases.
You will be required to build and maintain strong relationships and liaise with internal stakeholders to provide communications support. We are looking for a savvy individual to join our team who can manage multiple projects and priorities taking a proactive approach across all communications activities for the organisation.
Key attributes sought to be successful in this role include:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, public relations and/or marketing (or a related field) is preferred;
- Previous experience in a similar communications type position;
- Previous experience working within a Maori organisation and knowledge of and/or fluency in written and spoken Te Reo Maori;
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation;
- Excellent web and social media literacy and understanding of modern digital communication;
- Understanding of Adobe suite including; Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro;
- Photography and Videography skills desirable;
- Ability to learning new technologies and to share that knowledge with others;
- A high level of professionalism with strong interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail with exceptional written and oral communications skills;
- Effective time management and the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and an ability to cope with change;
- Understanding the need for and ability to exercise discretion, good judgement and sensitivity within the organisation;
- Some familiarity with the Maniapoto rohe, marae, hapū and iwi;
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office; and
- A current driver’s license is essential.
This full-time position would suit a Communications person with proven experience who is looking to further grow their career pathway across all communications functions, as well as make a difference to the Iwi.
Please direct confidential enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter directly through Seek.