‘E tata runga, e roa raro’
(One must be prepared)
May 2016 saw the release of the Nga Aho Rangahau o Maniapoto – Threads of Research Report. Crown research institutes, Maori land blocks, an economist and the Maniapoto Maori Trust Board worked together to:
a) Characterize the land, water and climatic assets of the Maniapoto rohe; and
b) Identify areas that have potential economic benefits through land use change
One land use change potential in particular was Mānuka Honey.
This varies depending on land block:
• Mānuka coverage; and
• Governance and management readiness
The Purpose of this survey is;
1. To see which land blocks may be ready; and
2. To register interest in a upcoming hui to further discuss;
• Land block readiness with industry experts; and
• The preference of land blocks to move forward with this opportunity
Gathering minds, gathering understanding to move Maniapoto forward to economic growth and prosperity
Whanake Ake! Whanake Ake!
To complete the survey click here
We would love to get your feedback!