Busy, varied and rewarding role.
Senior strategic corporate, finance and business performance position.
The Maniapoto Maori Trust Board (MMTB), established in 1988, is an Iwi organisation based in Te Kuiti.
Ngāti Maniapoto consists of 35,000 tribal members, numerous Hapū and 50 marae/papakainga (approx). MMTB is the recognised Iwi Authority for Ngāti Maniapoto and corporate trustee of the Maniapoto Fisheries Trust.
MMTB has some exciting changes ahead of us, and the Corporate Operations Manager will play a pivotal role in implementing positive change throughout our journey to a Post Settlement Governance Entity.
Reporting to the CEO, the Corporate Operations Manager will lead the operations and policy functions and will take overall accountability for the provision of expert financial, legal, risk and information technology advice and support. It will provide a variety of management and professional support across MMTB with an emphasis on planning, performance management, operational efficiency and effectiveness and will lead a variety of initiatives aimed at increasing organisational effectiveness.
This is a vital role in enabling the CEO and Board to focus on strategic outcomes knowing that the advice, data and reporting provided by all areas is accurate, clear and proactively delivered.
The Corporate Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading a high performing corporate and operations team; creating performance objectives, coaching achievement and enhancing the talent of the individuals and the team;
- Supporting the preparation of high quality operations and policy reporting, analytics and advice to the CEO and Board to support strategic and operational decisions;
- Maintaining internal operations and financial processes and controls;
- Managing third-party vendors such as insurances, telecommunications, lawyers and IT; and
- Overseeing other Corporate Services functions to ensure smooth operation of the organisation e.g. HR and Health & Safety.
To be successful as the Corporate Operations Manager, you will have:
- At least 5 years of Operations Management experience;
- Strong financial and commercial experience
- Proven track record of leadership and supporting an effective team culture;
- Exceptional communication skills – both verbal and written – that can support a number of different stakeholders both internally and externally;
- Ability to lead at a high level while also being able to get directly involved in developing systems, conducting analysis and ongoing improvement across the organisation; and
- Experience working with Iwi/Maori organisations is essential.
This exciting role requires you to go beyond doing what we normally do. It is about thinking strategically about our systems and processes, as well as ensuring that the business is well supported to run efficiently and effectively at all times. The successful person will have worked closely with a CEO providing reports and insights to management regarding issues that impact organisation performance and efficiency improvements.
The role is based in Te Kuiti however for an exceptional candidate we would consider the possibility of working some hours remotely to accommodate personal preferences.
Applications close: 5pm 26 February 2021
Please direct confidential enquiries to Helen Turner – email@example.com. For further information and to apply, please email a copy of your current CV and a Cover Letter to Helen Turner – Human resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 26 February 2021.