Busy and rewarding role
The Maniapoto Māori Trust Board (The Board) was established in 1988, as the recognised Iwi Authority for Ngāti Maniapoto and corporate trustee of the Maniapoto Fisheries Trust. Ngati Maniapoto consists of 45,930 (Census, 2018) tribal members, numerous hapū, marae and papakainga.
This position forms part of our Rauringa Pou, and is integral to our core operations and will be responsible for supporting all elements of the people and performance function to support operational objectives in line with the aspirations of the Maniapoto iwi.
The People and Performance Advisor will:
- Be responsible for providing best practice advice in people, performance and payroll to support MMTB’s management team and staff.
- Work across the organisation in all people and capability functions including the likes of recruitment and selection, induction, employment relations, remuneration evaluation, training and development, performance management, and assists with the implementation of organisational wide policies and procedures, HR strategies and systems.
- Be responsible for the end-to-end processing of the payroll.
Key attributes sought to be successful in this role:
- Thrive in a busy environment, enjoy collaborative and valuable teamwork, believe in continuous improvement and have the ability to offer innovative solutions for our people managers and staff.
- Understanding of employment relations legislation and HR policies/practices knowledge with the ability to give practical solutions advice whilst staying within legislative guidelines.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to assimilate and communicate knowledge and information clearly and succinctly.
- Has a good knowledge of Te Reo and Tikanga Māori.
- A strong ‘customer service orientation’ with the flexibility in addressing the needs of internal and external customers.
- Being able to manage multiple demands with the ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to deadlines.
Please direct confidential enquiries to Jaymee Cleave at email@example.com . To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Wednesday 21st July 2021.