Rewarding, contracted 12 month fixed position
We are on the hunt for a self-motivated Project Manager who has a passion for building the capability and capacity of Maniapoto whānau to participate in the assessment of their waterways according to their freshwater values. You will support and work alongside kaitiaki roopū, whānau and marae groups to undertake and facilitate water testing wānanga and implement the Maniapoto Māori Trust Board’s (MMTB) Cultural Assessment Framework (CAF) project. This role is a contracted project management position with reporting responsibilities to the MMTB and co-funders.
Based in Te Kūiti, the Maniapoto Māori Trust Board is the recognised Iwi Authority for Ngāti Maniapoto and corporate trustee of the Maniapoto Fisheries Trust. Ngāti Maniapoto consists of over 45,000 (Census, 2018) tribal members, numerous hapū, marae and papakāinga.
The CAF Project Manager will:
- Work alongside whānau and project partners to implement all aspects of the CAF project,
- Be responsible for reporting to the MMTB and other co-funders,
- Build the capacity and capability of Maniapoto whānau to participate in their waterways’ assessments
Key attributes sought to be successful in this role:
- Proven project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as a contractor
- Ability to clearly articulate issues, problems and solutions
- Strong ability to connect and effectively work with whānau, hapū, iwi and internal/external stakeholders in an efficient yet culturally sensitive and appropriate manner.
- Ideally, a general understanding of the MMTB CAF project
- Understanding of the organisation and willingness to make a positive contribution to the future of Maniapoto
Please direct any confidential enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please email your current CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5pm Friday 4th February, 2022.