The MFT provides annual charitable grants based upon meeting the following key charitable objectives:
- Relief of poverty for the benefit of Maniapoto iwi.
- The advancement of education or religion for the benefit of Maniapoto iwi.
- Any other matters beneficial to the community of Maniapoto and all the members of Maniapoto irrespective of where those members reside.
The distribution of charitable grants is guided by the organisation’s Distribution policy. This policy is reviewed annually to ensure it remains current.
In addition to the annual education grants round that closes in May this year there are other putea available to support kapahaka, rangatahi, kaumatua, taonga preservation, sporting kaupapa.
We strongly encourage you to contact our office if you have any rangatahi, kapahaka and/or kaumātua events planned during this year. We have set aside dedicated grant pools to support these areas.
- Make sure you are registered on our tribal roll. If you are under 18, you need to have at least one parent registered who will also sign your application form;
- Ensure you provide all of the information we need so that we can properly consider your application. Given the volume of this mahi, we wont be chasing you if you do not follow instructions. We have provided checklists on our forms, but it pays to check and check again that you have filled the form out and provide supporting evidence where necessary;
- Provide your written korero in your own words;
- Keep an eye out (we will email you as well) for details of hui we would like you to be involved with as a part of our grant to support you;
- Note: (1) preference will be given to first time applicants (2) an applicant will only receive one grant, for one category, in each year.