The Maniapoto Fisheries Trust (MFT) provides annual charitable grants based upon meeting the following key charitable objectives:
- Relief of poverty for the benefit of Maniapoto iwi.
- The advancement of education or religion for the benefit of Maniapoto iwi.
- Any other matters beneficial to the community of Maniapoto and all the members of Maniapoto irrespective of where those members reside.
The distribution of charitable grants is guided by the organisation’s Distribution policy. This policy is reviewed annually to ensure it remains current.
In addition to the annual education grants that closes in August this year, we have grants to support kapa haka annual events for Maniapoto, events for Rangatahi for Sports, kaumatua events in Maniapoto and also Roopu grants for wānanga.
We strongly encourage you to contact our Office and speak to our Operations team to find out more.
- Make sure you are registered on our Iwi tribal register. If you are under 18, you need to have at least one Maniapoto parent registered who will also sign your application form;
- Ensure you provide all of the information so that we can properly consider your application. Given the volume of this mahi, we won’t be chasing you if you do not follow instructions. We have provided checklists on our grant applications, so it pays to check and check again that you have filled the form out and provided supporting evidence where necessary;
- Provide your written korero in your own words;
- Note: (1) preference will be given to first time applicants (2) an applicant can only apply for one grant, in one category, per year.