During the Covid-19 pandemic, the health and well-being of our whānau has been the absolute priority. We must support one another and continue to check up on each other, particularly our kaumātua.
We are pleased to announce that the 2020 Grants and Scholarships round has now reopened. Closing dates and further information can be found below.
Mā te wāhi ngaro tātou e manaaki, e tiaki i roto i ngā āhuatanga o te wā.
The Maniapoto Māori Trust Board (MMTB) and Maniapoto Fisheries Trust (MFT) provides annual charitable grants intended to support, enable and facilitate registered tribal members and approved groups to achieve the following key charitable objectives:
- Strengthen cultural identity and wellbeing;
- Support the advancement of education;
- Encourage relationships regardless of where tribal members reside;
- Any other matters beneficial to the community of Ngāti Maniapoto me ona hapū maha.
The distribution of charitable grants is guided by the MMTB and MFT Distribution policy, which is reviewed annually to ensure it remains current. The policy ensures that there is a consistent criteria framework and good practice principles of fairness, clarity and transparency embedded throughout the Distributions process and procedures.
To meet the eligibility criteria, the applicant must:
- Be fully registered on the Maniapoto Tribal Register.
- If under 18, at least one Maniapoto parent is fully registered,
- Ensure all of the information is provided so that we can appropriately consider your application,
- Only first-time applicants may apply.
If the application criteria is not met, applications will not be accepted if:
- The Grant application and Grant Category is closed;
- Applicant is not registered;
- Applicant is a previous grant or scholarship recipient;
- The application is incomplete